OrphFund is Growing!
It’s a new year and OrphFund is growing in all kinds of exciting ways.
Our kids are growing!
Nothing makes us prouder than seeing our kids growing up so happy & healthy.
But growing kids mean more expensive needs:
- higher food bills
- increased school fees and needs - books, uniforms etc...
- vocational planning and counselling
- apprenticeships, vocational school and university fees tools, equipment, books etc…
Our projects are growing!
The OrphFund team and staff have been busy planning improvements to all our existing projects with an aim to increase the self sufficiency of each which means we need:
- building efficiency improvements - tanks, water purifiers and solar systems etc
- food production projects - chickens, goats, bees, crops, orchards etc.
- Income generating micro-businesses to provide training and employment for our older kids.
Our wishlist is growing!
We never stop wanting to do more:
- provide homes, education and love to more vulnerable children
- send a container full of medical supplies and equipment to Sierra Leone to start a midwife clinic
- fund self defense and consent training programs for girls, boys & grannies in Uganda
- build a secondary school in Kenya
- develop a vocational centre in our school in Uganda
- start a feeding programs for street kids in Uganda
(Can't remember any other plans you had for the other centres)
Our biggest challenge right now is to be able to meet the gap between sponsorship funding and our constantly increasing running costs.